New Asbury Cookbook: Recipes Needed
It has been a while, since we have had an Asbury Cookbook. The dishes created by the cooks of Asbury have always been a delight and a treasure to many. We are hoping to combine all those great recipes in one book available for purchase. The proceeds from the cookbook will go to support the efforts of Asbury’s KidCentral Ministry. Our goal is to collect 350 recipes. In order to have the cookbooks ready and available for purchase in time for Christmas, we need to have all the recipes submitted by July 15th. Please think about some of your most loved recipes, and share them with us. Perhaps you have a favorite recipe from a family member or friend that you would like to have put in the cookbook in honor or as a memorial to that person.
You may submit your recipe by filling out the form below or download the Recipe Submission Sheet by clicking on the link below. The Recipe Submission Sheet may be returned to the Church Office -- Attention Patty or Gloria:
Asbury Recipe Submission Form (112.0 KB)
- 1. Please Be Clear, as this will greatly reduce errors.
- 2. List all ingredients in order of use in ingredients list and directions.
- 3. Include amounts, sizes, e.g., 2 (8-oz. cans.), temps, and baking/cooking times.
- 4. Keep ingredients separate and directions in one paragraph. Do not submit recipes in steps, columns, or charts. Recipes which cannot conform to our chosen recipe format will be omitted.
- 5. Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.” DO NOT use statements like, “Combine first three ingredients.”
- 6. Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
- 7. Be consistent with the spelling of your name for each recipe you contribute.
- 8. Any special recipe notes (anything other than ingredients, directions, contributor name, serving size, or recipe title) should be kept as a separate comment on the bottom of this form, as they may not be included unless we pay extra for it.
- 9. Your recipes should fit into one of the following categories: Appetizers & Beverages/Soups & Salads/Vegetables & Side Dishes/Main Dishes/Breads & Rolls/Desserts/Cookies & Candy/ This & That