Asbury Church is committed to teaching Biblical truth so that each person may know the true character of God and His will for their lives. We invite you to learn more about the many ways you can grow your faith at Asbury Church!
Sunday School Classes: (9:15-10:15am)
• Bereans – Room B111 • Genesis – Room B104/Fireside
• Searchers – Room D106 • Logos – Room B105/Atrium
• Wow (Wonders of the Word) -- Library
• Defending Your Faith -- Library (Begins 9/17)
If you are interested in joining any of the above classes, please contact Mary Jo (firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-942-1491).
Our next study of scripture will begin on Thursday, January 18th at 9:30am -- Epic of Eden Bible Study. This is a 12-week study and will end on April 18th.
Description: “Dr. Sandra Richter clearly and powerfully communicates a history of God’s redeeming grace, weaving together a story that runs from the Eden of the Garden to the garden of the New Jerusalem. Through text and video teaching, Dr. Richter uses this 12-week study to bring a new dimension to the history of the ancient Near East, orienting a study group in time, geography, culture, redemption, and relevance to today — all without diminishing her reader’s faith or dumbing down the scripture.
The Video Study Guide will be purchased from Seedbed.com The cost is $22.95 (+tax and shipping). The Study Guide is from Seedbed ( seedbed.com ) “The Epic of Eden: Understanding the Old Testament” is a 12 week study - The teacher is Dr. Sandra Richter. (NOTE: “The Epic of Eden” is a series of studies.)
Please don’t hesitate to call Sheri Smith (316-304-6555) if you have any questions or need additional information.
Our Thursday Morning Bible Study takes place every Thursday at 9:30am in Room B111.
Asbury Happy Hour kicks off! There are a few changes to our Wednesday evening programs. There will NOT be a meal, but we encourage everyone to come from 5:30-6:30pm for Asbury Happy Hour -- a time of fellowship and refreshments in Base Camp. The Asbury Happy Hour is free. Featured Drinks are $2.50. With each purchase of a Featured Drink, you will be entered to win a monthly prize giveaway. This month’s prize is a $25 Starbuck’s Gift Card! Following the Asbury Happy Hour, stay for adult classes and kids activities.
•1/17/2024 -- Charcuterie and Sweet Treats
Featured Drink Caramel Brulee Frappucino w/ or without shot of espresso
• 1/24/2024 -- Mexican Chips and Salsa Night
Featured Drink – Jarritos Mexican Sodas
• 1/31/2024 -- Mediterranean Night
Featured Drink – Limoncello Rose
Spring Adult Class Offerings:
• Women’s LifeGroup (6pm) Prayer Room/Library: The Women’s LifeGroup led by Roberta Beckmann will meet this week, January 17th at 6pm. This group meets the first and third Wednesday of the month in the Prayer Room/Library. If you have any questions or are interested in this group, contact Roberta at email@example.com.
• Isaiah Part 2 (Wednesdays 10am OR 6:30pm) / Room D106:
In the first section of Isaiah this past fall, we read many prophecies that were literally fulfilled in Isaiah’s time for mid-east nations along with many prophecies for the future. This class will read of the grace of God, Christ’s suffering and the glory to follow. V. McGee states, “Isaiah has been called the fifth gospel. Christ’s virgin birth, His character, life, death, resurrection, second coming and Millennial kingdom are all presented in Isaiah clearly and definitively.” The class is led by Linda Stephen. Study book is Insights on the book of Isaiah by Stringfellow, $10. Join us by contacting Mary Jo (firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-942-1491) or email Linda at at email@example.com.
• “How to study the Bible” Class (6:30pm) / The Atrium: Led by Worship Pastor, Nathan Snyder. Sign-Up Sheet in the Foyer.
• Basic Financial Planning and Investment Principles (6:30pm) / Room B107: Led by Russell Hall. Maximizing Employer Provided Retirement Plans/Benefits; Savings and Investment Strategies; Use and Misuse of Insurance; Healthy Usage of Credit; Basic Tax Planning Strategies. A portion of each session will be devoted to Q & A. As always, the overarching goal of financial success is the joy of participating in and supporting the Ministries of The Lord’s Kingdom. There will be a small fee of $15 per individual or couple to cover work-book, handouts, etc. Sign-Up Sheet in the Foyer. Sign Up Sheet for are in the Foyer.
Are you young at heart? Love to study the Bible and pray for one another? Love good food and fellowship? Join us every Tuesday morning at 9:30am for food & fellowship followed by prayer and Bible study at 10am in the Fireside Room. All are welcome!
Check out these Facebook Group associated with Asbury Church. More Groups are forming. If you have an interest in something and you would like to form a Group, contact Sarah in the Church Office (316-942-1491 or firstname.lastname@example.org).