Missions Ministry at Asbury Church is being led by dedicated and passionate laity who have a heart to see the good news of Jesus Christ spread throughout the world. Asbury is known for its heart for Missions and is committed to local, regional, national and international missions. The Church intentionally and consistently supports those missionaries who reach out to the people in all these locations.
Visit the Missions Wall located at the end of B-Hall to learn more about the missions and missionaries supported by Asbury Church. We also ask that in your time of prayer you lift up this very special group of people.
Hats (Dark Colors, please), Gloves, Blankets (large) and Sleeping Bags
• Volunteers to help with serving lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 to 2:45pm. If you are able to help, please call Judy Beebe at 316-250-4408.
• A list of Food Pantry needs is available in the Foyer, web site and app.
Needed Food Items
• 5oz cans of tuna • 5oz cans of chicken
• 12 oz cans of chicken • Vienna sausages
• Canned meals (i.e. spaghetti, ravioli) • Breakfast Bars
• Mac ‘n’ Cheese • Spaghetti Sauce and Noodles
• Cereal • Boxed Milk
• 18 oz jars of peanut butter • Jelly
• Canned vegetables • Canned tomatoes
• Biscuit mixes (add water only) • Rice (1lb bags)
• Soups • Ramen Noodles (chicken or beef)
• Ore Ida Instant Potatoes • Small jars of instant coffee
• Individual Servings of Drink Mix • Canned Beans
• Chicken and Tuna Boxed Salad Kits/Crackers
• Knorr Packages of Chicken and Brocolli
• Individual Packages of Brown Sugar Oatmeal (10/box)
• Packages of Cheese or Peanut Butter Crackers
• Canned fruit (especially peaches and mandarin oranges)
Needed Hygiene Items
• Packages of disposable razors • Toothbrushes
• Combs • Toothpaste
• Deodorant • Hand Cleaner
• Laundry Soap - Small Packets • Bath Soap
• Bounce dryer sheets, small package • Cough Drops
Grocery Relief is a Life Support ministry of New Covenant Church. Asbury has partnered with New Covenant to provides a monthly box of food for 25 households in the Delano District. To be part of this program, families must apply and are requested to serve three hours of community service. New Covenant wants to build relationships with the families to offer more than just food, but also the hand of Jesus.
See the shopping list to the left...We will also be providing some fresh produce items also that will be picked up from the store the day we distribute the boxes. Items need to be at the church by Noon on Wednesday May 26th. We will pack boxes at New Covenant on Thursday afternoon May 27th and distribute them on Friday May 28. If anyone is interested in helping pack boxes or distributing boxes -- call Judy Beebe at 316-250-4408
MAY GROCERY RELIEF SHOPPING LIST:
Small can Tuna
1 box shelf stable Milk (available at Dollar Tree)
16 oz bag Rotini Pasta
16 0z bottle Zesty Italian dressing
Volunteers are needed to help pack and deliver the boxes. If you are interested in helping or would like more information about New Covenant, please contact Judy Beebe at 316-250-4408
A fund that allows Asbury to meet the practical, tangible needs of those having financial difficulties
A local clinic serving the poor and under-insured.
This ministry provides a food pantry, clothes closet and transitional house for those in need.
Located in Delano, the New Covenant Food Pantry provides needed food and hygiene products for the homeless and those in need.
A program of Prison Fellowship Ministry that provides Christmas gifts from incarcerated moms and dads to their children and an opportunity to share Jesus.
Michelle Martling is dedicated to helping women get off the streets in Wichita, Kansas.