Missions Ministry at Asbury Church is being led by dedicated and passionate laity who have a heart to see the good news of Jesus Christ spread throughout the world. Asbury is known for its heart for Missions and is committed to local, regional, national and international missions. The Church intentionally and consistently supports those missionaries who reach out to the people in all these locations.
Visit the Missions Wall located at the end of B-Hall to learn more about the missions and missionaries supported by Asbury Church. We also ask that in your time of prayer you lift up this very special group of people.
Hats (Dark Colors, please), Gloves, Blankets (large) and Sleeping Bags
Needed Food Items
• 5oz cans of tuna • 5oz cans of chicken
• 12 oz cans of chicken • Vienna sausages
• Canned meals (i.e. spaghetti, ravioli) • Breakfast Bars
• Mac ‘n’ Cheese • Spaghetti Sauce and Noodles
• Cereal • Boxed Milk
• 18 oz jars of peanut butter • Jelly
• Canned vegetables • Canned tomatoes
• Biscuit mixes (add water only) • Rice (1lb bags)
• Soups • Ramen Noodles (chicken or beef)
• Ore Ida Instant Potatoes • Small jars of instant coffee
• Individual Servings of Drink Mix • Canned Beans
• Chicken and Tuna Boxed Salad Kits/Crackers
• Knorr Packages of Chicken and Brocolli
• Individual Packages of Brown Sugar Oatmeal (10/box)
• Packages of Cheese or Peanut Butter Crackers
• Canned fruit (especially peaches and mandarin oranges)
Needed Hygiene Items
• Packages of disposable razors • Toothbrushes
• Combs • Toothpaste
• Deodorant • Hand Cleaner
• Laundry Soap - Small Packets • Bath Soap
• Bounce dryer sheets, small package • Cough Drops
Grocery Relief is a Life Support ministry of New Covenant Church. This ministry provides a monthly box of food for 25 households in the Delano District. To be part of this program, families must apply and they are requested to serve three hours of community service. New Covenant wants to build relationships with these families to offer more than just food, but also the hand of Jesus.
Please drop donations off in the Church Office during the week or the plastic bin located in the Foyer on Sunday Mornings. Donations are needed by Noon on Wednesday November 18th. We made the decision to purchase the perishable items that are needed for this month. If you would like to donate money to help with the cost of those items, please mark your donation with “New Covenant Grocery Relief.” We will continue to collect the items below. We plan to pack the boxes (except for frozen items) on Thursday November 19th in the afternoon at New Covenant. The food boxes will be distributed on Friday November 20th from New Covenant around 5pm. Questions or to Volunteer? Contact Judy Beebe at 316-250-4408.
ASBURY SHOPPING LIST:
• 1 pkg. Brown ‘n’ Serve Rolls
• 5lbs Potatoes
• 1 bag Marshmallows
• 2 cans Corn
• 2 cans Mushroom Soup
• French Fried Onions
• 1 can Cranberry Sauce
• Stuffing Mix
• 1 bag of Apples/Oranges
• Foil Pan
• Sweet Potatoes (40 oz. can Bruce’s yams)
Volunteers are needed to help pack and deliver the boxes. If you are interested in helping or would like more information about New Covenant, please contact Judy Beebe at 316-250-4408
A fund that allows Asbury to meet the practical, tangible needs of those having financial difficulties
A local clinic serving the poor and under-insured.
This ministry provides a food pantry, clothes closet and transitional house for those in need.
Located in Delano, the New Covenant Food Pantry provides needed food and hygiene products for the homeless and those in need.
A program of Prison Fellowship Ministry that provides Christmas gifts from incarcerated moms and dads to their children and an opportunity to share Jesus.
Michelle Martling is dedicated to helping women get off the streets in Wichita, Kansas.