Tuesday, November 23rd:
NO Tuesday Morning Bible Study
Wednesday, November 24th:
NO Men’s Breakfast
NO Wednesday Evening Dinner or Classes
NO Asbury Kids or Asbury Youth
Wednesday, November 24th through Friday, November 26th
Church Offices Closed
You are invited to participate in an all church Advent study beginning November 28th. We will meet during the Sunday school hour in the gymnasium for four weeks using the book “Because of Bethlehem Study Guide” by Max Lucado. Books (or Kindle versions) may be purchased at Amazon or Christian Book Distributer or where ever you buy your books. The paperback study guide is $9.99 at Amazon. If you need assistance purchasing a book, please contact the church office at 942-1491. We’d love you to join us.
Every Wednesday at 6:30am all men are invited to gather at IHOP at 29th and Maize Rd. This is a weekly opportunity to reconnect, talk about life over breakfast (on your own). The plan is also to talk about the discussion questions from Sunday’s sermon. Any questions call Stan Russell at 260-5015.
Dinner: 5-6:15pm -- $6/Adult • $4/Kid • $20/Family Max
Kids’ Club: 6-7:30pm -- Kids K-5th Grade
The Chosen Season 2 Watch Party: 6-7:30pm -- Young Adult (ages 20 – 39)
Wednesdays from September 29th-November 17th, 2021. The Watch Party will be at Nathan’s house. Childcare available at Asbury. To sign-up, contact Nathan (316-942-1491 or email@example.com)
Adult Classes: 6:30-7:30pm
Asbury Youth: 7:30-8:30pm: Students 6th-12th Grade
Christmas is celebrated in many different ways around the world, but there is one theme that remains the same no matter your location; it's a time of joy spent with the ones you love! At Christmas City, families will travel the globe to experience unique holiday traditions. With passports in hand, you will visit each station to engage your senses in a global celebration of food, song, crafts, games, and more! Dinner is from 5-6 followed by the event from 6-8pm.This is FREE event, but please register so we can plan accordingly!
Adult Classes: Sundays 9:15-10:15am
• Diving In: New Pastor Rick Class -- Room D104 - So, are you tired of just getting your feet wet? Do you want to submerse your whole self into an informal spiritual discussion about what it really means to “Be The Church”? It will be a smorgasbord of topics. Join Pastor Rick during the Sunday school hour (9:15 – 10:15) for the Next 5 weeks beginning October 10th. Bring a Bible and a desire to deepen your faith. We’ll meet in the Youth Room at the south end of D Hall.
• Logos Class: Led by Dr. JP Smith -- Room B111 - Logos is studying the book “The Epic of Eden- Psalms” by Sandra L Richter. The book is published by Seedbed (that is the organization that puts on the New Room conference that Pastor Rick and Susan recently attended). You can order it directly from Seedbed at https://my.seedbed.com/ or you can have the church office order your book. Please let Mary Jo know you need a book so that they can order it by Monday October 4 to be able to have the book for October 10. There is nothing to do before the first class so it’s not a problem if you don’t have the book beforehand.
• Genesis Class: Fireside Room (B104) -- We have a discussion format and use the LifeGuide Bible Studies as a leader’s guide. We are just finishing the book of Luke and will begin the study of Revelation.
• WoW Class: The Atrium (B105): The WoW Sunday School class will be starting a new 12-week study this Sunday, September 12th. We will be using a couple of books: “This We Believe” and “Creed.” Anyone and everyone are welcome!!
• HomeBuilders Class: A Bible Study Class taught by Rosane Machado. This group meets in the Chapel.
• Searchers Class: Room D106 -- This quarter in the Searcher’s Sunday School Class, we will be using the International Sunday School Lesson. The first unit ( 4 weeks) entitled “God’s People Offer Praise”. The second unit (5 weeks) is entitled “Called to Praise God” and the third unit (4 weeks) is called “ Visions of Praise”. The scripture used is a mixture of Old and New Testament.
• Berean Class: The Berean Class is continuing their study into the Letter to the Hebrews. The class meets in room D107 from 9:15-10:15am on Sundays. It is taught by Allison Woods and is a guided discussion and study of of God’s Word. Everyone is welcome! Bring your Bible and a willingness to engage with others who are hungry to learn the deeper things in Scripture.
If you are interested in joining any of the above classes, please contact Mary Jo (firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-942-1491) in the Church Office.
24/7 Prayers for the Future of our Church:
From the WCA International Intercessory Prayer Group… You are invited to join the WCAIIP in a 24/7 prayer initiative for the future of the church around the world. We are praying for guidance, protection for the WCA Leadership, and for awakening in our churches. We hope you’ll join us by signing up!