Dinner: 5-6:15pm -- $6/Adult • $4/Kid • $20/Family Max
Kids’ Club: 6-7:30pm -- Kids K-5th Grade
Adult Classes: 6:30-7:30pm -- More Information to Come
Asbury Youth: 7:30-8:30pm: Students 6th-12th Grade
Every Wednesday at 6:30am all men are invited to gather at IHOP at 29th and Maize Rd. This is a weekly opportunity to reconnect, talk about life over breakfast (on your own). The plan is also to talk about the discussion questions from Sunday’s sermon. Any questions call Stan Russell at 260-5015.
“Jesus & Women” by Kristi McLelland
Understand Jesus More Deeply by Studying First-Century History and Culture
Imagine walking the dusty roads of Galilee with Jesus of Nazareth—braving jostling crowds just to touch the edge of His cloak and hear Him say, “Take heart, daughter, your faith has healed you”. Those words, once meant to comfort a hurting woman’s soul thousands of years ago, were also meant for you. Join biblical culturalist Kristi McLelland on those dusty roads as she transports you back to Jesus’ world stepping into the footsteps of the women who came face to face with the living God. Over 7 sessions, examine the historical and cultural climate of first-century Middle Eastern society to not only understand Jesus more deeply but to fuel your worship of Him today. Anyone is welcome to join us! This group meets Thursdays -- Starting February 3rd at 9:30am in The Atrium (Room B105).
It's time for us to head to Intrust Bank Arena for a Wichita Thunder Game! Tickets are only $10! Purchase through the Church by clicking below, stopping in Base Camp Coffeeshop on Sunday mornings, or calling the Church Office throughout the week (316-942-1491). On Sunday, February 6th the Thunder will be celebrating FAITH & FAMILY NIGHT! Comedian Michael Jr. will be performing live after the game. Phil Stacey (American Idol) will perform the National Anthem. At first intermission, throw new socks on the ice to benefit Footprints ICT.
Daniel is a fascinating individual in Bible history. As a captive in a permissive and pagan Babylonian society, he never compromised his values, even when threatened with death. Join us in studying how we can remain loyal to Biblical values and have a positive impact on our increasingly permissive and anti-Christian world. The study book is “The Book of Daniel, the Smart Guide to the Bible” by Duck and Richards. Cost of the book is about $10.
Classes begin Tuesday, February 8th from 1-2:30pm OR Wednesday, February 9th from 6:30-8pm at Asbury for 12 weeks. Please sign up by contacting Mary Jo (email@example.com or 942-1491) or Linda Stephen (firstname.lastname@example.org) to join the class.
YCW is back! Silver Dollar City's Young Christians' Weekend is designed to bring youth groups together for three incredible days of worship, learning and fun at one of America's Top Theme Parks! With concerts and powerful workshops, youth will come away energized and ready to serve the Lord. They'll also have a blast on more than 40 rides & attractions! Cost is $100 (Scholarships Available). Registration Deadline is March 9th. If you have any questions, please contact Jessica (email@example.com or 316-942-1491).
The All-Church Garage Sale is scheduled for Thursday, April 28th (8am-7pm) and Friday, April 29th (8am to Sold out). Save the date and start to save your stuff to donate to the cause. Donation Drop-off Dates will be announced soon. No clothing will be accepted.All money raised will go benefit the ministries and mission of Asbury Church. Due to your generosity, last year we raised more than $7,000.
Adult Classes: Sundays 9:15-10:15am
• Logos Class: Led by Dr. JP Smith -- Room B111 - Starting on Sunday the 23rd of January, we will begin a new DVD Study 6 week series by Dr. Sam Nadler called "Feast of the Bible." Dr Nadler is a Jewish believer in Jesus and has worked with Jews for Jesus and has a passion to bring the Good News to his people and connect Christians with their Jewish roots.
• Genesis Class: Fireside Room (B104) -- We have a discussion format and use the LifeGuide Bible Studies as a leader’s guide. We are just finishing the book of Luke and will begin the study of Revelation.
• WoW Class: The Atrium (B105): The WoW Sunday School class will be starting a new 12-week study this Sunday, September 12th. We will be using a couple of books: “This We Believe” and “Creed.” Anyone and everyone are welcome!!
• HomeBuilders Class: A Bible Study Class taught by Rosane Machado. This group meets in the Chapel.
• Searchers Class: Room D106 -- This quarter in the Searcher’s Sunday School Class, we will be using the International Sunday School Lesson. The first unit ( 4 weeks) entitled “God’s People Offer Praise”. The second unit (5 weeks) is entitled “Called to Praise God” and the third unit (4 weeks) is called “ Visions of Praise”. The scripture used is a mixture of Old and New Testament.
• Berean Class: The Berean Class is continuing their study into the Letter to the Hebrews. The class meets in room D107 from 9:15-10:15am on Sundays. It is taught by Allison Woods and is a guided discussion and study of of God’s Word. Everyone is welcome! Bring your Bible and a willingness to engage with others who are hungry to learn the deeper things in Scripture.
If you are interested in joining any of the above classes, please contact Mary Jo (firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-942-1491) in the Church Office.
24/7 Prayers for the Future of our Church:
From the WCA International Intercessory Prayer Group… You are invited to join the WCAIIP in a 24/7 prayer initiative for the future of the church around the world. We are praying for guidance, protection for the WCA Leadership, and for awakening in our churches. We hope you’ll join us by signing up!