Help us make the Asbury campus beautiful. Bring your garden tools and get ready to work together to get us ready for Easter. Sign-up sheets are available in the Foyer or in the Church Office.
Join us for a special worship service on Sunday, March 26th at 6:30pm.
Easter Lily Dedication sign-up sheet are now at the Welcome Center in the Foyer or call the Church Office at 942-1491.
Cost is $12 per lily and the deadline to purchase is March 29th.
The lilies will be on display on Easter Sunday and may be picked up following the 10:30am worship service.
Holy Week begins with Asbury's Palm Sunday Celebration on Sunday, April 2nd.
Maundy Thursday is the Thursday before Easter, believed to be the day when Jesus celebrated his final Passover with His disciples. Most notably, that Passover meal was when Jesus washed the feet of His disciples in an extraordinary display of humility. He then commanded them to do the same for each other. Join us for this special service on Thursday, April 6th at 6:30pm in the Sanctuary.
Good Friday is always the Friday before Resurrection Sunday, and though it is a dark day, we look ahead and say, “Sunday’s coming!” Jesus said, in Mark 9:31, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill Him. And when He is killed, after three days He will rise.” Join us for this special service on Friday, April 7th at 6:30pm in the Sanctuary.
Grab the kids and head to Asbury for The Egg Hunt! Candy and fun for all! All are welcome to this Free Event.
Celebrate our Risen Savior! Join us for this celebration on Easter morning -- 8 or 10:30am.
Asbury’s annual All-Church Garage Sale is scheduled for Thursday, April 27th and Friday, April 28th. Special Asbury Preview Party will be Wednesday, April 26th from 5-7pm. This is a very important outreach fundraising event!
There is a change this year to large furniture pick-up. We will ONLY be picking up large furniture ONE DAY! That means if you have large furniture that you want us to pick up, you MUST contact Sarah Brooks in the Church Office (email@example.com or 316-942-1491) to reserve your space.
Now is the time to start saving your stuff! We will be collecting about everything, but NO clothing or shoes, please. Garage sale donations will ONLY be accepted BEGINNING Monday, April 17th-Thursday, April 20th and ENDING Monday, April 24th. More details will be coming soon. Volunteers are needed before and during the All-Church Garage Sale. If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Brooks in the Church Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-942-1491).
"That’s Good News: How to Overcome Your Fear and Evangelize": Recently a sermon was preached focusing on evangelism and witnessing boldly. Well, let’s act upon what that may mean for us to share the good news of Jesus Christ with others. God isn’t asking you to be perfect -- He’s just asking you to show up. This new class will be led by Pastor Rick on Wednesday at 6:30pm beginning March 8th in the Atrium (Room B105). Books are available on Amazon.com or wherever you purchase your reading resources.
The Tuesday Morning Bible Study for Adults is back for the Fall! Join us at 10am in the Fireside Room.
This group has fellowship, food, worship and a wonderful lesson from Pastor Rick! You are invited!
• Dinner: 5-6:15pm
• Kids’ Club: 6-7:30pm -- Kids K-5th Grade:
Interested in Kid's Club? Contact Pastor Jessica at email@example.com!
• Asbury Prayer Time: 6pm
• Adult Classes: 6:30pm
Upcoming Class Options for Wednesdays:
• Worship Music -- Music is one way that we express worship, but what is worship actually? How can we go deeper in worship? No singing required (whew)! This class will explore worship as a response to what God has done to bring us into His family, a family that contains both humans and spiritual beings! What?! We’ll re-examine some pivotal, often-confusing chapters in the Old Testament and discuss how they show God pursuing His family from Genesis to Revelation. Then we’ll see if we can spot what we’ve discussed in the lyrics of the songs we sing on Sunday mornings, unlocking a deeper meaning behind the music. Nathan Snyder, Asbury’s Worship Pastor, will lead this class with help from Pastor Rick. The six-week class will meet on Wednesday evenings in the Atrium starting January 11th at 6:30 PM.
• John’s Revelation and “Signs of the Times Study” THIS CLASS BEGINS FEBRUARY 1st -- “The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy”, Rev.19:10. “Prophecy speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort”, I Cor 14:3. D. Jeremiah states “8 times more prophecies for 2nd coming than for Jesus’ First coming (about 300 for 1st)”. Prophecies/signs to be discussed: deception, Great Reset, CBDC, Messiah in Israel, technology for the “mark”, mid-east wars like Ez. 38-39. Dates: February 1st through April 26th at 9:30am OR 6:30pm in Room D106. Book: Book of Revelation, smart Guide to the Bible. Contact: MaryJo.Fraipont@asburychurch.org or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
• Asbury Youth: 7:30-8:30pm -- 6th-12th Grades
Women’s Thursday Morning Bible Study: “Kingdom Woman” began January 12th!
The Thursday Morning Women’s Bible Study will be spending 6 weeks studying “Kingdom Woman” under the teaching of Priscilla Shirer’s father, Tony Evans, and her sister, Chrystal Evans Hurst on Thursday mornings at 9:30am in Room B111.
When a Kingdom Woman retires for the evening, a frustrated and worn out devil ought to be saying, “We messed with the wrong woman today.” This study instructs every Christ-following woman on how to tap into the power of God as she finds and fulfills the purpose for which God has fashioned her. A Kingdom Woman embraces a simple premise: unless a Kingdom rests firmly under the authority of the ruler, anarchy reigns. That’s why a Kingdom Woman always seeks to align herself and operate under the authority of God—in every area of life. With practical insights and applications from coauthor Chrystal Evans Hurst, Tony Evans explains how that process can unleash new purpose, power, and possibilities—in both the lives of Kingdom Women and those they love.
The study guide is available through RightNow Media, Christian Book and also through Amazon -- current price is $7.99. If you have additional questions, please contact Mary Lou Just (620-214-1609) or Sheri Smith (316-304-6555).
Every Wednesday at 6:30am all men are invited to gather at Village Inn (7020 W Central Ave). This is a weekly opportunity to reconnect, talk about life over breakfast (on your own). The plan is also to talk about the discussion questions from Sunday’s sermon. Any questions call Stan Russell at 260-5015.
Please join us for worship every Sunday morning in-person or LIVEStream at 8 or 10:30am.
Adult Classes: Sundays 9:15-10:15am
• Logos Class: Led by Dr. JP Smith -- Room B111
• Genesis Class: Fireside Room (B104) -- We have a discussion format and use the LifeGuide Bible Studies as a leader’s guide. We are just finishing the book of Luke and will begin the study of Revelation.
• WoW Class: The Atrium (B105): Anyone and everyone are welcome!!
• HomeBuilders Class: A Bible Study Class. This group meets in the Chapel.
• Searchers Class: Room D106
• Berean Class: The class meets in room D107 from 9:15-10:15am on Sundays. It is taught by Allison Woods and is a guided discussion and study of of God’s Word. Everyone is welcome! Bring your Bible and a willingness to engage with others who are hungry to learn the deeper things in Scripture.
If you are interested in joining any of the above classes, please contact Mary Jo (email@example.com or 316-942-1491) in the Church Office.