The Tuesday Morning Bible Study for Adults will be taking a break for August. You are invited to meet at Copper Oven at 9am on Tuesdays throughout the month for breakfast, fun and fellowship. All are invited! The group will resume meeting at the Church in September.
Every Wednesday at 6:30am all men are invited to gather at Village Inn (7020 W Central Ave). This is a weekly opportunity to reconnect, talk about life over breakfast (on your own). The plan is also to talk about the discussion questions from Sunday’s sermon. Any questions call Stan Russell at 260-5015.
This dedicated prayer time is led by Pastor Susan and meets in the Library/Prayer Room. All are welcome.
As our teachers, students and kids head back to school, we want to offer a special blessing and prayer.
We ask that anyone involved in teaching (nursery workers though college professors) and all children (daycare through college) join us for worship at either 8 or 10:30am on Sunday, August 21st. This special Sunday will also include our Asbury Preschool teachers and students. Please plan to attend to be a blessing or to be blessed during this special time together.
You are invited for a Come & Go Sewing Fellowship Retreat at Asbury August 22nd-26th -- $50 for all 5 days with the money going toward Mission. Bring your unfinished projections or start a new one! Space is limited, so call Judy Barley to reserve your spot today (316-619-8909 call or text).
Parents -- learn the neurological and developmental reasons for many children's meltdowns and misbehaviors. The Whole-Brain Child teaches you how to guide your children through integrating their logical left brain and the emotional right brain. This class is presented by the Asbury Counseling Center Marriage and Family Student Therapists. Please RSVP by calling 316-285-0554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grocery Relief is a Life Support ministry of New Covenant Church. Asbury has partnered with New Covenant once a quarter to provide a monthly box of food for 25 households in the Delano District. To be
part of this program, families must apply and are requested to serve three hours of community service. New Covenant wants to build relationships with the families to offer more than just food, but also
the hand of Jesus. Thanks for helping out! Items need to be delivered to the church by noon on Wednesday, August 24th, 2022. We will pack boxes at New Covenant on Thursday the 25th at 2pm. We will distribute the boxes on Friday, August 26th from 5-6:30pm. If you have any questions or would like to help distribute, please call Judy Beebe at 316-250-4408. Click here to see the Current Shopping List:
Dinner: 5-6:15pm: $6/Adult • $4/Kid • $20/Family Max
Kids’ Club: 6-7:30pm
Kids Kindergarten through 5th Grade
• 6-6:30pm -- Asbury Prayer Time: Led by Pastor Susan in the Prayer Room. All are invited to join in prayer!
• 6-7:30pm -- New Women’s Life Group: Led by Roberta Beckmann. Call Roberta for more information and to RSVP: 316-253-8094
• Pastor Rick’s Class: You are invited to join Pastor Rick as he facilitates a class entitled The Wesleyan Way – A Faith That Matters by Bishop Scott Jones. Books are available through Amazon and other book outlets. Please rsvp through Realm or call the Church Office if you plan on attending. The class begins September 14th and will last 10 weeks. Sign up through Realm or call the Church Office.
• “Christ as Seen in the Psalms” Study: Have you ever studied the Psalms looking for Jesus or prophecies/foreshadowing of Jesus? Allen Ross states, “With the knowledge of full revelation of Jesus Christ, one can look back and see that they (Psalms) speak of Christ.” The “Christ as Seen in the Psalms” study starts Wednesday, September 14th, for 10 weeks with classes at 10am OR 6:30pm at Asbury. No book is needed (your Bible will be your text) as we will be reading several Psalms each week. Contact the Church Office to sign up or email me at email@example.com.
Asbury Youth: 7:30-8:30pm
Students 6th-12th Grades
Adult Classes: Sundays 9:15-10:15am
• Logos Class: Led by Dr. JP Smith -- Room B111
• Genesis Class: Fireside Room (B104) -- We have a discussion format and use the LifeGuide Bible Studies as a leader’s guide. We are just finishing the book of Luke and will begin the study of Revelation.
• WoW Class: The Atrium (B105): Anyone and everyone are welcome!!
• HomeBuilders Class: A Bible Study Class. This group meets in the Chapel.
• Searchers Class: Room D106
• Berean Class: The class meets in room D107 from 9:15-10:15am on Sundays. It is taught by Allison Woods and is a guided discussion and study of of God’s Word. Everyone is welcome! Bring your Bible and a willingness to engage with others who are hungry to learn the deeper things in Scripture.
If you are interested in joining any of the above classes, please contact Mary Jo (firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-942-1491) in the Church Office.
24/7 Prayers for the Future of our Church:
From the WCA International Intercessory Prayer Group… You are invited to join the WCAIIP in a 24/7 prayer initiative for the future of the church around the world. We are praying for guidance, protection for the WCA Leadership, and for awakening in our churches. We hope you’ll join us by signing up!